Monday, June 13, 2016

Stampin Up, GDP040, Case the designer


This week at GDP is a Case the designer, and this week the designer is one of my favorite people, Shawn De Oliveira. 

Isn't this little fishy just too cute in his little jar?  I had a lot of fun with my far and fishy.
Colors:Calypso Corral, Island Indigo, Crumb cake, Pool party.

Island Indigo is my card base, I stamped on my piece of Calypso using the same color ink, with my starfish and sea shell stamps for a bit of texture.   I added one of the new doilies and wrapped the edge around to the back.

To create my jar I stamped the jar and lid on Shimmery White CS, it takes some watercoloring pretty well without coming apart.   I wanted the water to be Pool Party, so after stamping my fish, bubbles, starfish ect, I put a small amount of alcohol in my Aqua brush, (TIP: if you are stamping with dye ink and need to watercolor or sponge over some of the ink, use either an alcohol marker or use alcohol in your brush then add some color. That way the die ink won't run.).

So, I squeezed a bit of color onto the lid of my Pool Party lid and with the alcohol used my Aqua painter to gently brush a bit of color inside my jar to make it look like water.

I used dimentionals to pop up my jar a bit.

The pretty swirles on the side were make using a die and DSP from the By the Shore DSP.

I hope you enjoyed this card and directions. If I wasn't clear, just leave me feedback and I'll post my reply in the comments as well.   Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

Aunt Denise said...

The best card I've seen today! I just love the fish in the jar. Your coloring technique is spot on! Thanks for such wonderful ideas!

Louise Sharp said...

Very cute fishy in the jar Lynn! I like all the added nautical elements with the swirls down the side and the stamped background. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. xo

Michelle Last said...

Love your darling little fish, great card Lynn x thanks for joining us this week x

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project's CASE the Designer. I love the way you've used the layout to create this totally different and bright card. THanks again, Lynn.