Thursday, September 25, 2014

Stampin Up, Pals Paper Arts Challenge 221


And it's PPA thursday.  I found this to be an interesting sketch today. At first I wondered what in the world I could do with it, next, what could I do with it to make it my own.
I've been wanting to play more with water color. Specifically the Aqua Painters, and I loved how this turned out!

It's so easy too. I simply used my Versa Mark pad and white embossing powder to emboss the ornaments, then put some drops of Cherry Cobbler in my Aqua Painter with water till I got the color I wanted, then it was a simple matter of just brushing across the embossing. I wanted the brush marks for effect.

The card base is one of the gorgeous pieces from the Under the Tree Speciality DSP. This paper is meant for boxes, and it works so well for them, nice and heavy, but not so heavy that you can't fold.

It's also double sided and makes for such a great card inside, love love love this paper. Each sheet is a color design on one side and Kraft design on the other leaving you with a nice light inside to stamp or write on.

The tiny star is from Bright and Beautiful and cut out using the smallest of the Star Framelits.

Please let me know how you like this idea, both the box paper and the Aqua painter part. Then stop by another time and you'll find my response in the comments.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
And here is a look at our challenge sketch this week.



4 comments:

Windy Ellard said...

Very creative and I need to remember to use that irament separate from that pine branch! Thanks for sharing!

Diane Roberts said...

Lynn, I love what you did with the aqua painter! The color is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at PPA.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Lynn! You did great work with the Aqua Painter. I, too, love this paper for card bases. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Brian King said...

Beautiful card, clever technique. Thanks for playing along with the PPA sketch this week.