Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stampin Up, Quick and Simple Sat for Aug 23rd.



I know this card may not look as quick and simple as usual, but the other item that goes with is very quick and simple.



And here it is.  Isn't it a beautiful box?  This was made using the new Stampin Up box maker that is in the new Holiday catalog.  It makes a box as large as 4"x4"x4", the one I made here is 4x4x1.75. I really like the shorter box.
After making it, I had some pieces I had cut off the new 12x12 paper SU came out with just for making boxes, so I decided to make a card with some of it.

To make the card I simple cut between the tree rows and put them on a piece of gold foil, then I used the same stamp/punch set for the  tree that I used for the tag on the box.  Also for the box, I used the brand new yummy satin gold ribbon and I gold embossed the tree on the tag.

For the card I stamped a tree out, then gold embossed the gold wreath and used a star punch for the top. There is a star in the tree set, but it was quicker to just punch of of the gold foil.

The new paper for making boxes is gorgeous and a great weight for boxes, double sided as well, so when you open your box it's just as pretty inside.

The holiday catalog goes live on Aug 28th. If you need a catalog, please let me know. I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek.



1 comment:

Laurie Chilton said...

Cute project Lynn. Don't you just love the coordination of all the Stampin Up! Products. It certainly keeps us coming back for more. :)