Tuesday, May 14, 2013

PALs Blog Hop 2013





Thank you for joining us for the May Pals Blog Hop and our annual retirement party! It's time to say goodbye to stamps and accessories that will not be available in the new  2013-14 Stampin' Up! catalog. Although it's always sad to see wonderful products retire, it is exciting to think about all of the new products that will soon be available. So enjoy the farewell tour for our favorite retiring products - and remember you have until June 3rd to order from the retiring product lists. 


You should have just left stop number 9 on the Pals Hop - Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds. If so, you are in the right spot.  If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.



I decided I wanted to make something out of something that I normally would throw away.  I am see a lot of reclaimed items lately and it does make good sense to reuse when possible.
Don't laugh now, but this is a Tucks Pad container. I have tons of them, and my husband won't let me throw any of them away, he is so sure there must be something we can do with them.
This is my choice, it does make a very nice container.
The striped paper is from the Neutrals collection DSP. I love all of the collections of these papers, and I've used the heck out of them, but with new colors coming in, the pads have changed so out with these and I can't wait to see how the new ones look.
The floral and flip side of the floral with the blue Pool Party pattern are Comfort Cafe DSP, and of course also being discontinued.
The ribbon is from an SAB pack, really hate to see it go, I just love this narrow shiny ribbon.
The flower on top is Creped Filter paper, so much fun to play with.  I used water with some drops of Pool Party reinker to color the sheets after cutting them out with the Big L Fun die.  I used 2 different shapes from that die.
I used the one inch square punch for the insert for the tag and the discontinued Double Petal punch for the envelope.
I have some close ups for you.





Now, if any of the discontinued product are items you would like, be sure to order by May 30th.  I hope I have given you some ideas.  On with the hop.


The next stop is   Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space  blog #11 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!



  1. Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
  2. Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
  3. Amy Williams at Stampin' on the Range
  4. Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
  5. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
  6. Kari Linder at Stampin' Essentials
  7. nicole watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
  8. Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
  9. Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
  10. Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
  11. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
  12. Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
  13. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
  14. Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought...Cards by Amy
  15. Leslie Davis at Life's Moments
  16. Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
  17. Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
  18. Debbie Mageed at Scrappin' and Stampin'
  19. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
  20. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
  21. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
  22. Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
  23. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  24. Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
  25. Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
  26. Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
  27. Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair
  28. Shirley Sumption at look at my cute stuff
  29. Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
  30. Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
  31. Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love your mix of color and patterns -pretty container for sure!

Unknown said...

Adorable recycling!

Elaine said...

Love the flower detail. Great project.

Klaw said...

Very cute! I love seeing other ways to use SU products. Great container!

Rae said...

Beautiful! Great job on dying the Filter Paper Flower. TFS

Anonymous said...

great idea to recycle!
hugs, m

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL upcycle 3-D project, Lynn!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, what a great idea. I love this DSP and how you used it.

Debbie Mageed said...

Sorry, I do have to laugh but what a brilliant idea! I am a recycle fanatic and cannot throw away any cute container. I love your beautiful gift box and your secret is safe with me!

Debbie Mageed said...

Sorry, I did have to laugh but what a great idea! You did a beautiful job on your gift box and your secret is safe with me!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cool idea....love your design and that PP flower is fabulous!

Just a Thought... said...

LOL!!!! I love how you reclaimed this container!! WOW!! Fabulous use of the SU products!! Great job!!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

So Darling!! love the flower and the colors!

Hugs
Shirley