Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fast and Fabulous 10 minute cards

I have decided it would be fun to post some pretty, neat cards all done in 10 minutes or less.  I'll be doing them on Wed's.
So, here is the first one:

Colors:
Baja Breeze
Crumb Cake
Very Vanilla
Supplies:
2 1/2 Ince Circle punch    #120906
1 3/4 inch scallop circle punch   #119854
Elegant Butterfly punch   #127526
pearls #119247
1 1/2 inch by 5 1/2 piece of Designer series Paper pad, Subtles collection ( I love all of these)#117152
Wacky Wishes ( Sentiment) (Hostess set)
Everything by Stampin Up
I hope you enjoy!

To Order Stampin up, click HERE
I got to thinking that some of you might want to spend a couple extra min and add to the card, so I thought I'd give you some ideas on doing just that.   I have made a second card with a couple changes:
 I added a scallop circle out of Soft Suede which goes so well with Crumb Cake.  I also cut my patterned paper at 1 1/4 inches, and cut a piece of Baja Breeze CS 1 3/4 inches, then cut the edge with the scallop edge punch. This punch uses 1/4 inch of the paper after cutting. I added a piece of soft suede ribbon over the pattern paper tucking the ends behind it. Glue them down and then glue the paper to the CS.  
Also, I used rhinestones instead of the pearls. Not that it's better, but so you could get an idea of how they work. I love the rhinestones and pearls, such an easy way to make it elegant. 
Tip working with rhinestones and pearls. The glue holds them to the waxed card, use a twizzer and push down hard while pulling away to keep the glue attached to the pearl or rhinestone. 
Let me know how you like this idea. Which card to do like better, is clean and simple your style?   
Come back tomorrow, thurs for a Fast and Fabulous Christmas card, you can do all your cards using this idea, in one evening. 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That's so pretty and yet so simple. You could call it "Whoosh! Wednesday! 10+ cards in an hour."

Alicia B said...

I so LOVE this card Lynn! *Hugs*