Sunday, August 14, 2022

SU Christmas Card, #jai616, Poinsettia and Silver

 

 It's Christmas time. Well, it's close and if I want to get all my cards together I had better start now.  

I used the great sketch for my inspiration for this. It's always more fun to make my cards, when I join a challenge. So, here it is.


I got into the habit of making each of my cards different. I used to just design one card and make them all the same, but will all the awesome available product it's just more fun to make a lot of cards. 

This one uses mostly retire SU, except for the sentiment, it just all fit what I needed.   I used a die from Swirly Bird, And several from the Poinsettia Petals set from a few years ago.   Colors  are all red and silver, however I did use Cherry Cobbler for the base card and real red for the poinsettia, I just like the bit of contrast. 

I hope I've given you some ideas.  Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Love this Lynn, such a striking card! The silver, red, black combination is very elegant! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

The burst of red and silver against the black is very striking. Your design is simple but bold. Love it! Chantell Just Add Ink

Rochelle Blok said...

What a fabulous card Lynn! The silver and red against the black make for a fantastic contrast. A striking take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo