Sunday, February 16, 2020

Just add ink #492, Floral Essence white wash technique.


Good thing there is no such thing as having too much fun, because I'm having more fun with the whitewash technique then I've had in I don't know how long.   I'm so loving it on this Gray Granite!
I've also used a piece of DSP from the Golden Honey paper.  To be honest, I didn't get the bee set, but I just had to have the gorgeous paper.   Hopefully this looks like all the little bees want my flower.
I'm using Just Add Ink for my card inspiration today, check the challenge out here.

In keeping withe the gold accents in the paper, I used gold foil around my oval. 

Simple colors: Whisper white, basic black, and gold foil.
I also used Floral Essence stamps, Layering Ovals, Stitched Shapes Framelits, and a gold faceted gem in the middle.

This technique it so simple.  You stamp using an open stamp,  Emboss in White.  Then after heating, use a brush or the Aqua painter and a very small amount of water and fill in the stamp with white ink.  If you want another color in parts, just do that after the white drys.  I decided with this one to just keep it white. 

I hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

This is beautiful and sophisticated. I've become a fan of grey lately. A change from strictly black. :-)))))

Jan said...

This is such an elegant card with the white, black and gold accents Lynn and your sweet bloom really pops off the page! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

This is a lovely technique. I really love the gold accents in the paper and frame. Chantell Just Add Ink

Denita Wright-Smee said...

I love the Golden Honey Specialty DSP too. Love your take for our JAI Sketch Challenge, and thankyou for sharing your project with us. D x