Friday, January 27, 2017

Sweet! A Valentine card



I've been playing with some new ideas. The base card was inspired by a card by Patty Bennett, but most of what I did was my own.  I used Whisper White thick CS for my base, then cut a piece of Real red 5 1/2" x 4 1/8".  I have cut my base length wise at 4 1/4".  I use this method a lot, I just happen to really like it, it opens at the bottom.

My next layer is a piece of DSP from Sending Love DSP Stack with an embossed piece of Vellum over the top. Those 2 pieces are 5 1/2"x 3 1/4".  Vellum is hard to glue, it always seems to show through, even when using the tape especially for vellum.   In this case I attached it across the top and used my ribbon to hide it.

I used the Falling Petals embossing folder on the vellum.  Then I layered my doily, the heart from Sunshine wishes dies, and the Sweet from the Sunshine  wishes dies as well.

The stitched satin ribbon is retired in the White, but there are other colors still available.

I hope you enjoyed. 


No comments: