Thursday, January 15, 2015

Stampin Up Pals Paper Arts Challenge 236

Here we are again, another PPA challenge. I love these, I find that I love to challenge myself and that I learn so much when I do and often end up with cards I may not ever have done if not for the challenge.
I was suppose to be gone right now, and given that I can't sit at my desk often or for long, I couldn't do up ahead, but my back went down and we had to come home.   I guess I just wasn't as ready as I thought, but I am improving.

So, I did vary from the sketch just a bit with the smaller Rose Red piece in the center, but after all, it's just a sketch and suppose to be a challenge.  This card features a new stamp set called Big Day. If you like it, get it now. It is a free set on the SAB (Sale a Brations) mini catalog.

Spend $50 from any active catalog and you can choose an item free from the SAB catalog. You can do that as much as you want. It's a great time to get free product and not just stamp sets.

I used the little candle stamp to add candles to the top piece, using the same color ink as the cardstock.
My colors are:  Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White and Pacific Point.

I sure hope this inspires you.   If you don't have catalogs, especially the new minis, Occasions and SAB, let me know and I will get them to you.


3 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

You're right, Lynn, the sketch is just a starting point! I love the Rose Red center with the candles and rhinestones all over it! Thanks for sharing your creation with the PPA this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the bright happy colors for a birthday!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

This is so cheerful, Lynn! What a fun birthday card!